Prism gas cap problems

Last summer I had a check engine light which was caused by a leaking gas cap. To help seal it I put vasoline on the gasket. Now, during cold weather I have trouble getting the cap off. After cleaning the gasket,
what can I put on it to help seal it without causing the removal problem?
---MIKE---

>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')
ASSuming you're talking about a rubber seal, silicone grease. That said, it might be just as easy to buy a new gas cap from your local dealer. (Toyota dealer if your Chevy/Geo dealer is less convenient.)
nate