Prism transmission service

I have an 01 Prism with about 45000 miles. I want to do transmission service. Would a flush be the way to go or should I just have the fluid changed and the pan and screen cleaned?

---MIKE---

No flush, if the unit is ok, just do the basic service.
I have an 01 Prism with about 45000 miles. I want to do transmission service. Would a flush be the way to go or should I just have the fluid changed and the pan and screen cleaned?
---MIKE---

-
On Tue, 23 May 2006 15:14:34 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

I would drain it, drop the pan, change the trans filter, clean the pan, mount the pan, and fill it again. Then after about 3K miles, simply drain and fill it again. Do this 4 times and you have replaced most fluid. The prizm has a drainplug for the transmission that is very easy to get to. (at least on a 96, I would hope it is the same on an 01). Drain when hot.