problem with 88 grand prix

I have an 88 grand prix 2.8v6 and for some reason it just started smoking out the exhaust and if I stick a finger in the exhaust pipe it comes out
with pure oil on it, what would cause this? Could it be overfilled??
Uh, check it!!

-
Thats the thing, the reject that owned it before put a lawnmower cable on there in place of the metal stick, I guess he pulled it out one day and ripped the old one out of the dipstick handle. The car still smokes now just at high RPMS, like when I pass someone. So I think I overfilled it slightly

Well... first off - go to a junk yard and get a dipstick, dipstick.
How much oil did you put in it? If you really fear you overfilled it, then drain the oil, change the filter and throw 5 quarts of oil in it. But not 'till after you get back from the junk yard.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

It's probably leaking from the oil pump upper drive support. The O-ring gets hard and cracks. The O-ring is about $1.00 and can be replaced quite easily if you remove the throttle body.
I figured out my problem, I overfilled it with oil.