Problem with a 94 Caprice Classic Going Dead

I own a 94 Caprice Classic with the 350 Engine, approximately 1 - 1.5 years ago all of a sudden the car battery would go dead on us for no apparent reason.
At first we thought it was just because it was the battery being old so we brought it to Sears for a replacement battery as it had an old Die Hard in it that had not yet run out of it's warranty, they put it on their machine and said it's not the battery but some cable that ran between the alternator and the battery?
Thinking something was fishy (I used to work at Sears a long time ago) I said no thanks and brought it to the local garage where we have most of our work done now and they checked it out and said it was indeed the battery and they replaced it. For a while the car was fine then all of a sudden one day the car was dead again?
For awhile I could start the car with my battery charger/jump starter and the car would be OK for ahwile but then it would not be. Now the car cannot be started and driven and restarted any where We recently had to have it jumped by AAA and they said that something in the car was drawing off the battery when it was sitting off doing nothing and that's why the car would not start after being run any more?
Today I brought it back to the local garage who said they would make good on the repair the last time they fixed it, they just called me and said that after checking out the car they found nothing wrong with the car at all or battery? It's just that the car has only been driven 1900 miles in that 1.5 years and needs to be driven more and driven highway miles.
Does this sound correct to anyone out there? I agree that the car is not driven much but it is driven once or twice a week for a few miles and as far as I know that should be sufficient to keep the battery charged up and everything working fine.
My wife is going to start driving the car on a more regular basis and I don't want her to get stuck, do you think she will or is the garage correct in what they say?
All replies will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Is the battery only dead after the car sits for awhile? If so, then there's probably little risk of being stranded unless the vehicle is left overnight.
Did the shop do a parasitic draw test? What was the draw amperage?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Sounds like an alternator to me. In those years, they had problems. It could also be losing its 5 volt signal to the alternator.I would have the alternator load tested it may just be a little low on the output and if you have extended idle time with the fan on high, it will discharge.If it is an intermittent draw, you would not get it started sometimes.But you are saying that it cannot be restarted anywhere.I have seen pcms do this when they don't feed the alt voltage. If you don't have any high amp draw normally(like a camper or add ons) then I would test the alt with the head lights on and the fans on high at idle.Its an easy alternator to change.

years
alternator
our
and
day
cannot
on
1.5
far
correct
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.