Problem with Rear Seatbelt in '98 Buick

Hi,
I've got a '98 Buick Century sedan in which the right rear seatbelt seems to have 'frozen' (i.e. it is 'stuck' in the retainer and won't roll out). Seems there ought to be an easy fix for this sort of thing (I know, a lot of things that 'seem' like they ought to be simple fixes aren't!)
In any case, this is a popular car and I can't be the only owner who has ever had this happen to him. Any ideas on how to fix this (have kids riding in the back so ignoring it is not an option.)
Thanks, Ron

Seems there ought to be an easy fix for this sort of thing (I know, a lot of things that 'seem' like they ought to be simple > fixes aren't!)

riding in the back so ignoring

Check to see if the belt got twisted going into the retractor Ron. That's probably the most common cause of them not working.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

And with prayer and patience, you can gradually get it "unrolled". Look for "retainer bars" that slide slightly in slots--you may be able to carefully slide them to the unlock position to allow them to pull out where you can untwist them. s