Programming New Remote

Page 2 of 2
message

Generally the vehicle is programmed to accept the remote, not the other way around. Bob

do
Here is an example of a keyless remote site, offering both aftermarket and OEM type fobs and programming assistance. I dont believe this is the site I originally found, but it illustrates the claims anyway.
http://www.keylessride.com/products/default.asp

I was able to buy a new remote for my 2000 S-10 and program it myself. I now have a 2006 Grand Prix and it must be taken to a dealer to be programmed using a scan tool. The programming changes from vehicle to vehicle, but the fact still remains, the manufacturer is making it harder for the DIY to DIY...
AutoZone was no help for me. I reprogrammed my 98 GMC Jimmy the same way shiden_kai said.
1.. Close all the vehicle doors. 2.. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. 3.. Press and hold the door unlock switch. 4.. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. 5.. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode. 6.. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter. 7.. Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters. 8.. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode. 9.. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.