QUAD-4 LIFE SPAN

Hi
I finally reached 100,000 miles with 1990 Grand-Am manual 5 Speed. I'm, just wondering how many more miles can my car do seeing that it's running extremely well. Anyone out there with or had a Quad-4 with superior mileage?
Thanks
Dan 1990 Pontiac Grand-Am SE 5 SPEED 1989 Chevy Corvette Coupe Blk on Blk 5.7 TPI

GM should have put the great Quad 4 in the Fiero. I read somewhere that the bean counters didn't want to do that because the Quad 4 cost something like $200 more to produce than that 2.5 8 valve iron duke! So they stuck the quad 4 in cars like the Grand am, Buick Skylark, Olds Calais, etc.. Yeah, let's keep our sporty 16V DOHC motor out of our "sports car" and put it in our economy cars! GM LOGIC.
The Fiero wasn't all that much of a successful sports car. The only descent ones were the last year of production when they changed the suspension with the 2,8 mpfi. I remember the saying for the Fiero back in 84 was to outsell the Corvette, but that difinately didn't happen. It vice versed.
"Justin" <nog> wrote in message

. I remember the saying for the Fiero back in 84 was to outsell

Pontiac sold 136,000 Fiero's in 1984. I highly doubt Chebbie sold enough Corvettes to even come close to that.

Dennis Smith
Chebbie? How about Proziac?
Hehe. Ever hear the ones about "chebbie trucks"?
On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:24:00 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@ReMoVeThIsToEmAiLyahoo.com (Dennis Smith) wrote:

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
I have a '95 Quad Four. Many similarities, but also many differences. Is that DOHC or SOHC? Makes a difference. The SOHC were the worst of the bunch. I'm up to a little past 129,000 miles, with really not too much trouble. A few things you would probably expect from lots of engines. A guy at work has a '92 with 180,000 miles. Another friend with a '94 has near 200,000.
Back in '89 or so, OLDS built one of these up big time, and it produced 1,000 hp. They set a speed record somewhere with it, not sure it's still a record. But impressive nonetheless. There used to be a place called Genertech Racing Development in San Jose, California that specifically designed parts and had a Sunfire in excess of 600 hp that they raced Acuras and such with. Mantapart, another company does this still. Only they are shifting toward the newer Ecotec. So it's been a pretty impressive engine to some, with lots of potential.
Tony