Quality.

Page 1 of 3
Was going to cash in my 3% savings on a new GM auto, but with all the recent recalls and poor quality control I have serious doubts on buying a GM product.
I just don't believe GM makes a good quality auto anymore.
The last auto I bought new from Gm four yrs ago had cardboard for break pads in my opinion and I do not ride the brakes with my foot.
GM bonds are now in the junk bond categories. There goes all the perks and bonuses for management.
You need to regroup and come up with a new arguement. GM has no more recalls than any other auto maker. Which means on a percentage they have fewer because thay sell more autos.
Brake pad specs are the same for most U.S. made cars. GM does not have a lesser quality pad for certain models. Even if you don't ride the brake you may have some other braking quirk that caused brake wear. You don't mention how many miles on those pads or conditions(city vs highway).
GM bond market has no bearing on GM quality and perks and bonus money have effect on quality either.
Another troll with a brain fart.
Amen!!!!

-
On 12 May 2005 16:30:08 -0700, "No One You Know"

premature front pad wear.
They will replace them under warranty if the set that came with the car wears out fairly quickly.
Mine were replaced with less than 20,000 kms on the car. They will need to be replaced again this year.

Yow! That's awful Brad. Which GM vehicle is that?

and that's what happened to my auto. wornout break pads before their time. very poor quality, wonder if it is being done on purpose just for the gm service parts bottom line.

to do it.
The next set will not be done under warranty, so I will buy quality pads to replace the crappy ones that GM uses.
If gm made good quality break pads we would not have to replace them so soon. why should we waste our time and dollars to replace gm's poor quality break pads. best to just forget about buying their auto's, there are better quality autos out there.

Jk wrote:

I'll give you a clue, Skippy. GM doesn't make brake pads and none of the other automakers do either. All brake pads have to meet Federal Standards. Trolling here will only get you the pole. Buy what you will and enjoy.
.We know that auto products gm installs in their autos are out sourced to other companies, but that don't let gm of the hook for poor quality products that are installed in their autos.
are you saying because some other company makes brake pads for gm,
. That GM is not responsible for letting them be part of their final product that they sell to the public..
On 14 May 2005 13:20:19 -0700, "No One You Know"

No One You Know wrote:

Meet Federal standards ... that old excuse?
You really need to get a job with GM's PR department as your thought process seems perfectly in sync with such a role.
John
--WebTV-Mail-30095-3071 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
PADS, PADS, PADS, Im tired of hearing about pads. Just like every thing else there's different grades and quality. Some better that others. You get what you pay for. Has any one known a car to come off the assembly line with the top of the line best tires? Not I. Remember when Ford tried to blame all their problems on Firestone?
I was talking with my mechanic the other day who I have a great deal of respect for and he assured me that every car company has their problems. I think people are focusing on GM these day because of their financial losses. Seems every car company has their ups and downs. Remember Chrysler in the 70's and 80's? Ford, well I'm still waiting for them to come out with something I like. I have faith in GM and believe they will do what they need to, to pull them selves out of this mess. I have always driven GM cars and probably always will. I think GM builds quality cars. In fact I have my eye on a new Grand Prix. My current Pontiac is still going strong with 157K and am looking forward to taking it on a 900 mi road trip next week end to Vegas.
Best Wishes, A GM lover!!
--WebTV-Mail-30095-3071 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-30095-3071--
Thomas wrote:

There is a bit of truth in this. Stock single-piston brakes are utter crap, btw, and usually undersized for the application. Before looking at alloy rims or better rubber, consider a simple caliper and pad upgrade.(looks cool, too)
yeh, I guess you are one of gm's sloppy workers
On 12 May 2005 16:30:08 -0700, "No One You Know"

No One You Know wrote:

Just repeat after me class, GM is perfect and does not wrong. Now drink you juice class ......

I thought it was Kool-Aid

GM generally makes a good car these days....the Buick line especially. So if quality is your main overall concern, then I wouldn't discount GM on those grounds alone.

James, and I had the nerve in another topic to say that you dwell on GM's bad news stories and never on their positives! Mea culpa. ;-) I'm saving a copy of your post so I don't make the same mistake again. *lol*

...and I'm betting you may need to refer to it on occasion. ;-)
I'm tough on things I love...just ask my kids or my employees. :-) I'm not one to cut much slack or have patience for stupid idiotic stuff or bad treatment of others. But the interesting thing is that most will tell you that I'm fair.
A warm story. My oldest daughter is grown and married now. A couple of years ago she came to me and said to me how much she hated my approach to things and what I made her do at times growing up. She then continued by saying "Thanks for being so hard on me. All my friends are in hock up to their eyeballs, can't afford squat, into bad stuff, etc." She and her husband own a house at the age of 21 and 22 respectively..and he is still in college (well Iraq right now, actually, will finish when he returns). So, that made it all worthwhile. <sniff> <sniff>
Now if I can influence the lame-brain managers at GM to get some good consumer focus groups going so they can gather some good insight on how to get these cars selling, I'd feel better yet!!! And I'm sure that GM badges and chrome tailpipes aren't the answer. Those are even sillier than my DRL issue! :-)