QUESTION

I am running a 87 chevy caprice 4 door in a demolition derby. From previous experience i have found that the ass end of that body style of caprice and impala, folds down and drags the ground instead of up as it does on older models. In previous years, it was legal to 'kink' the rear end so the bumper would be a bit higher and increase the chance of the ass end folding up instead of down, however this year there are absolutely no body modifications allowed. We used to beat with a sledge hammer where the trunk goes up into the roof and this done on both sides would kink it up just enough. But with no body modifications, i really cant do that. So my question is, is there any way to kink the rear end without visually being able to tell that i did it on purpose? Possibly a forklift??

Reply to
Midget Tosser

Yes, a good body shop can do it. But that would be cheating. Why do you want to cheat? Not enough skill to compete on your own?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

not quite cheating, just bending the rules a bit. oh, and your little comment on not enough skill, thats priceless

Reply to
Midget Tosser

That's a lie. If the rules say no absolutely body mods, and you mod the body, then you're directly violating the rules--and you know it's cheating, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to hide what you're doing!

If you can't compete without cheating and lying to yourself about it, then your abilities as are obviously too far inferior to the other drivers to compete with them. You should find a group that's closer to your skill level (if one exists) or practice until you're good enough to play with the big boys.

Or use some sense and get a car that doesn't usually fold down when struck in the back.

Reply to
Adam Corolla

Sure, reinforce it with steel bars, but leave the tips of the end of the steel bars as horizontal spikes facing toward the back of the trunk, also shape the tips of the bars like spears so when someone rams it from the rear it will damage their radiator or worse. I would advise that you do the same for the front so that you can do some serious damage when you ram someone. I will take your fun to a whole new level of enjoyment.

Reply to
Homie Jay Simpson

Sure, reinforce it with steel bars, but leave the tips of the end of the steel bars as horizontal spikes facing toward the back of the trunk, also shape the tips of the bars like spears so when someone rams it from the rear it will damage their radiator or worse. I would advise that you do the same for the front so that you can do some serious damage when you ram someone. I will take your fun to a whole new level of enjoyment.

Reply to
Tommy Bastogne

======= =======

(...cut a V notch on top of the frame in front of the rear tire area..)

don't ask...... don't tell.......

You don't run the Olgelthorpe in Savahnah by chance?

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crownroyal~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh

That vintage Chevy still as a chassis of sorts underneath. Can you beef that up in such a way that it is more likely to bent upward?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

thanks to those who actually understand where im coming from, its not cheating, because if i do it to where its not visible on the body, then its not a body modification.(is that not right?) and no, im running in ohio. And to all the nay sayers and shit talkers. apparently you dont know too much your damn selves so i really dont think you should be worried about my skill level. I've taken the feature purse the past 3 years at the local derby, so hows that for runnin wit the big boys? bitch

Reply to
Midget Tosser