Question about check engine light -RX300

Hello, Tonight my wife said a light came on her dash. I checked it an it is the check engine light. About a month ago dashboard light came on indicating a tailight bulb needed
to be replaced. I checked and checked but could not find a lamp out. Now the check engine light is on but the check tail lamp light is off. Has anyone had an experience like this? What might cause this? The car is a 2000 RX300 with about 56,000 miles Thanks
Sorry! Wrong group. I have a Yukon too :)
The check engine light has nothing to do with fluid volumes, levels or temperatures. It simply is indicating that the process controller is operating outside of its design parameters and the vehicle may be polluting. Depending on the cause, the repair cost may be covered by you emission warranty. You need to have the vehicle run on a diagnostic analyzer to determine the cause. It could be something as simple as a fouled spark plug or dirty air filter.
mike hunt