Question About My Saturn

I have a 96 saturn SL-1 (5 speed). I had a tune-up done in July........plugs, wires, filters, new fuel pump. It's been running real crappy for the last couple of weeks. Idle is racing up to 2000 rmp and as high as 2800, and it's been jerky when taking off and sometimes when you are just putting along, almost like a hiccup. A real pain. So I take it in and they find a vacuum hose that was wore right through. He figured that would be it. And of course when he took it for a ride after, it didn't act up. Well it still is. Any suggestions as to what it could be? A friend suggested that it might be a coil pack. I'd like to hear from any other Saturn owners or anyone in the know about what my car is doing. BTW, they checked the work that they had done in July, and the plugs were not fouled. Also........wait for it........there are 345,000 kms on it. Thanks to all responders in advance as I'll be away from my computer till Monday. have a good weekend.

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John