Question About Tire Size.

Page 2 of 2
"George wrote:
I installed a 6.5% longer transmission (using larger tires). ________________________________________________
Charles Bendig" wrote:
I would suggest you change your language a bit. In the automotive world a "longer transmission" means psychically longer. _______________________________________________
Usually, longer transmission would mean "physically" longer, but the OP was using the "psychically" longer definition.
Rodan.
Rodan wrote:

    See what happens when I reply to a post before my first cup of coffee. Charles
Any opinions on suitable large tires for the '87 (3rd gen) TransAm? Particularly interested in rear tires for the stock (17" I believe) rims or perhaps offset, aftermarket rims. Repositioned bumpstops? Would like to take up the gap, better traction, beefier look without scrubbing fenderwells. Brand new T-5 and 3.73 gears with posi rear. Drink