Question for Buick Rendezvous Owners

Hi all,
I'm currently looking into a Rendezvous as a second vehicle for the family. I really like the looks of it, and it seems to give a lot of functionality.
The best of both worlds between a min-van and an SUV.
My question is basically regarding roominess inside. Is it realistic to expect to fit 3 children's car seats in the second row so that I can fold the 3rd row down to allow for cargo space? I know the cargo space is seriously limited when the 3rd row is in use, but there's quite a bit of room when it is folded flat.
We only have 2 kids right now, so it wouldn't be an immediate issue, but I'm just wondering for down the road if I'd be better off getting something like an Envoy XL or Trailblazer EXT.
Thanks!

Bump! - Still hoping for a reply to this!
Why not get a Montana extended minivan? Then you can leave all 3 rows of seats in (assuming you eventually have 3 kids) and then have some cargo room in the very back of the van left. To me, the Montana looks a lot better than the Rendezvous (Aztek looks better to me even) and is also available with AWD. Montana shares the same platform/engine as the Rendevous/Aztec/Venture/Silhouette, etc. Have you seen the Buick Ranier? Same car as the Envoy/Trailblazer but with a lot better styling.
snipped-for-privacy@rrc.mb.ca (Darren Toews) wrote in >> Hi all,

See I much prefer the looks of the Rendezvous vs. the Montana, at least the current model. I don't care for mini-vans.
That was the whole point of my question. :)
Thanks for the response though.
Any Rendezvous owners out there more able to answer my question? Anyone? Class? Anyone? :)

I'd get the minivan too...much more functional. You can move about the cabin to tend to the kids or get something out of the cooler in the back without stopping, etc. (even though that is illegal in most places) :-O
[...]
I know the van is more functional, I just far prefer the styling of the Rendezvous plus it just seems more of an upscale vehicle the way it's put together compared to the minivans.
I'm also considering the Equinox, as I have seen a picture in the local paper with 3 car seats in the second row, so I know that one will do it. I figure the Rendezvous is wider, so it should likely do it as well though.

That seems a perfect solution. The Equinox has the versatility of the minivan with the style of an SUV. Buick and Saturn are going to offer a version of it also. I wonder if GM is going to continue the current minivans (Montana, Venture), or if they'll be replaced by the Equinox, Terraza and the Saturn equivalent?
We have a 2002 Rendezvous and just love it. My wife comutes in it every day 50 mi. The AWD works excellent and it still gets decent mileage. It will accomadate 3 child seats in the second row. Ours does not have the optional 3rd seat so we have plenty of space for trips, outings, etc. I don't know about you but I like to have small children within reach and would't want a child in the far rear seat. I think the Rendezvous would work great for you. Mark
Thanks for the reply!
I think it's going to come down to the Rendezvous and the new Equinox, which apparently also fits 3 car seats in the second row.
Rendezvous would appear to have a bit more cargo room with the rear row folded down than the Equinox does, but also costs more I think.
I plan to read all the reviews and test drive them both thoroughly before deciding. Does GM still have the 24hr test drive option?

Bump! - Still hoping for a response to this. Thanks!
If the Rendous has three seat belts in the second row you should be able to fasten three kiddie seats. Call a Buick dealer to find out. Take one for a test drive. Have you driven one yet? Drive Several different brands of SUV's.
One friend of mine ( 6' 7" ) has one and they like it.
Another friend wanted to buy one two weeks ago but all the ones in stock were grossly overloaded with too many options that he didn't want, so he bought a Hyundia Sante Fe.
If your going to haul babies and need room for the double wide stroller & all them baby accessories you might not have enough room in a Rendous.
Have you looked at the Suburban in? It has all the room you need and theres room for the Mother In Law.
Good Luck
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,025 miles_~_~_
I've driven one and I really like the way it rides. I'm not quite sure about the power though. I might want to opt for the more powerful V6 available in the 2004 models.
It was a while back that I drove it, and I couldn't remember. I thought it would be large enough, but I wanted the opinion of others. It seems most think it should be possible over on the Rendezvous forum at Edmunds.com. I just basically wanted to know if I was kidding myself thinking it was even possible.