Question for car radio

Hi, I got a car radio Kenwood "KRC-757". On the front panel there is a button labeled "direct". When I press it, the LCD screen displays
"1888", then it returns to the normal frequency display of radio station. I don't understant the function of "direct". Is it the auxiliary input, or anything else?
Thanks in advance

Jeff, I'd be cautious if I were you. It may be a time machine set for 1888!!! I couldn't resist that.
I suspect it stands for "Direct Access Tuning". Direct Access microprocessor tuning lets you key-in station numbers directly on your unit. Your unit should have a Direct Access tuning keyboard that makes it easy to key in Radio Station numbers. I hope this helps.
Oops! Or should I have said Stephan?

It's late and I'm brain-dead. Disregard that last message. Wrong Newsgroup.