Question for car radio

Hi, I got a car radio Kenwood "KRC-757". On the front panel there is a button labeled "direct". When I press it, the LCD screen displays "1888", then it returns to the normal frequency display of radio station. I don't understant the function of "direct". Is it the auxiliary input, or anything else?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff, I'd be cautious if I were you. It may be a time machine set for

1888!!! I couldn't resist that.

I suspect it stands for "Direct Access Tuning". Direct Access microprocessor tuning lets you key-in station numbers directly on your unit. Your unit should have a Direct Access tuning keyboard that makes it easy to key in Radio Station numbers. I hope this helps.

Reply to
Sting Ray

microprocessor

Reply to