Question for Ian

My wifes 2002 Chevy Trailblazer, with the std hvac, lost the first 3 blower speeds, on ac or any position, any common problems, could use a time safer
tips here, thanks. Shep
-
Shep wrote:

I do not work on HVAC systems. Just by looking at the schematics, it appears that there aren't many choices...either the blower speed switch or the blower resistor. If I remember, I'll ask the guys at work and see if one or the other is more common. If you need schematics and you don't have access to SI, let me know and I'll get what you need. A little testing and you'd probably figure it out quickly.
Ian

Not Ian, but from what I've seen on here for other vehicles, it sounds like the resistor pack.
Chances are 99.9% it is the blower resistor board. I have replaced half a dozen in my 50 years of driving. Chevy has the resistor pack at the blower sticking in the duct. This causes corrosion that eats away the lands on the board. They also did not coat the surface to prevent corrosion on the one in my 96 cavalier. Good luck as it is a stand on you head under the dash job.....

Thanks all, this is what I suspected, got an diagram from an alldata connection.

-