Question on replacing a 2005 Montana Radio with an after market one.

Hello I would just like to know if it's ok to replace the Radio in the 2005 Montana. The dealership where we bought it only says that the radio is in series with other systems and that the radio has to be in the vehicle to
work properly. Can someone clarify this for me. Why is the radio so important and is there any damage that would be caused if another radio is installed? The main question that I have is, if someone steals the radio from the Van will it still work??? Well I think it will but they are only doing a big deal because they want to sell their MP3 Player. Thanks for your replies in advance!
Liv wrote:

Here is the same answer that I gave you in alt.pont:
The radio is part of the data bus system. It is possible to install an aftermarket radio, but you will need other equipment as well. The vehicle will run, somewhat, without the radio, but it will not be happy. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CfsUVEG7Xsg/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?gu1&I 0GMOS02 http://www.monstermarketplace.com/CarStereosPerformanceParts/Product/937/Listing/GmDatabusRadioInterfacesWonstarBossrds/388/26/213/1