Questionn for Ian

Ian, are the 2001 up 3.1's and 3.4's still having intake manifold gasket problems, Thanks, Shep
-

Shep wrote:

Yes, the problem doesn't really go away (and even then, who knows) until the 2004 year I believe.
Ian

While on the subject of improvements to engines. Ian, how are the Series III 3800's doing? I take delivery of my Grand Prix on Fri, hoping for lots of trouble-free miles.
Thanks Ian, been seeing plenty of them in our shop but nothing after 2001, just wondered about the risks of buying the last year Luminas.

-
Shep wrote:

Actually, I think that if a person is aware of the problem, there is nothing wrong with buying a vehicle with these engines. They are tough as nails and we rarely do any major work, other then catastrophic failures because the coolant was allowed to be be in the oil for an extended period of time. I'd buy one.
Ian