Questions regarding rear lower cab mount bushings for a 91 Chevy K1500 Pickup

Hi everyone,

I purchased some new lower rear cab mount bushings or cushions for my

91 Chevy K1500 Pickup with a standard two door cab. The rubber bushings have what looks like a thin flat plastic ring bonded on one end. On the other end, there is no plastic ring, but the outer edge of the bushing has a small fillet or radius.

What I need t know is, which end is up? Do I install the plastic ring against the frame bracket, or does it go against the round steel retainer / washer that is directly under the head of the cab mount bolts ?

Also, I would like to find some bushings that are tougher than the stock GM bushings. Does anyone know where I can purchase just two lower polyurethane bushings or is it always necessary to buy a whole bushing kit for $50.00 or $60 bucks ?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks John

Reply to
John2005