Radiator Coolant Filter

Anyone ever tried an inline filter like these?

Tefba Inline Radiator Coolant Filter

Unscrew the top and change the filter element without having to break the line.

Clear plastic sounds like a good idea but I would probably go with the metal housing.

I don't know the filter rating for these, but this fellers says 200 micron is fine enough...

Repeat Component Failure Requires Heroic Efforts By Kevin S. McCartney

"It only needs to filter particles of about 200 microns (0.0078 inch) and larger in size. Filters that trap extremely small particles are not necessary and are more likely to restrict flow to the point of overheating."

Reply to
Guv Bob

No. I flush coolant every two years like I'm supposed to.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

micron is fine enough...

> > "It only needs to filter particles of about 200 microns (0.0078 inch) and larger in size. Filters that trap extremely small particles are not necessary and are more likely to restrict flow to the point of overheating."

These are mostly for old cars.

Reply to
Guv Bob