Radio display fading, Pontiac SF

2000 Sunfire. (mother's)
Display on original radio is that orange/red number type. Half the display is verrrry faint, and half looks fine.
Is that type display backlit with a bulb?
-- GW - note incorrect email address

yes
Is this also true with the 1996 Pontiac Grand Am radio? If so, do you have to pull the radio to change the bulb?
TIA Bill
wrote:

remove all "f"'s from address
If it's the same orangish red display I'm sure it's the same inside. There are three bulbs. Very special little bulbs that look like LEDs. To get to them you need to 1. Remove radio. 2. Remove radio knobs 3. Remove radio bottom plate 4. Disconnect wires from radio front circuit board to main circuit board 5. Remove radio face plate and front circuit board 6. Remove display window unit from front circuit board. Now you have access to the bulbs
GW
Bill wrote:

Thanks GW. Where carn I get the bulbs? Pepboys?
Bill

remove all "f"'s from address
The radio looks like this: http://www.glocktech.net/~billg/Cars/Pontiac/GrandAm-Radio.htm
Where can I buy the bulbs? Pepboys? Radio shack? TIA
Bill

remove all "f"'s from address
I never found out. Sorry. GW
Bill wrote:

-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey www.geoffwelsh.com
try partsexpress.com or mcmelectronics
thanks again. partsexpress.com has several LED's. I will pull the radio this weekend and see which one it is.
On 03 Oct 2003 00:05:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comoicurax (Baboo) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gflocfk.net remove all "f"'s from address