radio light update

hi,

i received the radio light for my 97 ssei fro corvettte radios .com for $23usd, installed it and viola! i have time and station read out.

thanks for the info and suggestions which helped me correct this small yet bothersome problem.

peter

Reply to
peter

I don't suppose you noticed any part numbers, or anything on that part did you? I need one too, but I don't like the thought of paying $23US for bulb that I can get at Radio Shack for 50 cents (if I knew which bulb I needed).

Reply to
Nathan

The last time I did that I used bulbs from radio shack. IIRC, it cost $3 for the pair. Take an old one with you and compare.

Reply to
Paul

Thanks Paul, I'll give that a try. I wonder if a clear LED could be placed in there instead? It would last a hell of a lot longer.

Reply to
Nathan

It could be done with the appropriate current dropping resistor, however, LED's are unidirectional. They make great point sources but can't compare to an incandescent for lighting up things.

Reply to
Paul

Very true Paul, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I will just try to find a matching light bulb for mine. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Nathan

sorry for the late reply,

i dont think there is a part number, i looked...i do believe that the bulb has two wires which stick thru the base and bend back over the base to stay in place...i think this is what broke on mine as the filement looked ok.

$23 seemed like a lot but now that it is fixed, i would do it again, of course i used the special tool to pry open my wallet but... :)

let us know if you do find a replacement bulb.

thanks again, peter

Reply to
peter

Will do, and thanks Peter.