Radio Problem

I plugged in an ac adapter into the 12V cigarette lighter of 1991 GMC Jimmy. When I did so, the radio shut off, now all I get is staic coming from the speakers. No display on the radio itself. Fuse seems to be OK. Need help PLEASE!

Reply to
dmz43dz

There is another fuse for that socket and the always power lead going to the radio (for the clock and station memory). The radio will act that way with that lead unpowered.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

the fuse is blown

Reply to
I'm Right

He says the fuse "seems" OK. I've seen the 3AG type fuses look OK and be bad, but the automotive fuses usually look bad when they are bad. I'd still have tried another fuse just for kicks.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Hey, I just started to concentrate on the AC ADAPTER. Did you plug an inverter into the receptical? Was it hooked up to anything? Those things can draw lots of current, often more than the fusing for the lighter can handle. If you didn't have anything hooked up to this adapter then I would sure find out why it apparently is drawing so much.

Reply to
Al Bundy