Radio Problem

I plugged in an ac adapter into the 12V cigarette lighter of 1991 GMC Jimmy. When I did so, the radio shut off, now all I get is staic coming from the
speakers. No display on the radio itself. Fuse seems to be OK. Need help PLEASE!
--
dmz43dz
dmz43dz wrote:

radio (for the clock and station memory). The radio will act that way with that lead unpowered.
the fuse is blown

He says the fuse "seems" OK. I've seen the 3AG type fuses look OK and be bad, but the automotive fuses usually look bad when they are bad. I'd still have tried another fuse just for kicks.
dmz43dz wrote:

inverter into the receptical? Was it hooked up to anything? Those things can draw lots of current, often more than the fusing for the lighter can handle. If you didn't have anything hooked up to this adapter then I would sure find out why it apparently is drawing so much.