Radio Problems

In my 2007 Malibu, the radio has at times gone from normal listening volumes to full blast without any controls being touched. The auto volume is off, and nothing is being done to make this happen. Is this
a fault within the entire radio line (5cd changer model), or just mine?
Have you called the dealer? Might get it resolved faster if you did.

I was intending to, I just thought you guys might have some insight into the matter...thanks

This is going to sound like a pain-in-the-ass, but try the following:
For each AM & FM station you have preset, go to each one and make sure "Auto Volume" is "off" or "none". If there are particular EQ settings you like(Rock, Classical, Rap, or Custom<you set the bass & treble>) adjust them along with checking the Auto Volume. Finally, hold that station's preset # down to lock it - and the tone and volume settings you selected - in.
Sounds like a lot of work, but that is how these GM rigs work.
I want to hear how it went.

To clarify: You have to perform those steps for EACH STATION before moving on to the next.
-CC

Thanks...I'm going to go to it tomorrow....I'll let you know how it goes..