Re: 03 Grand Am

The 03 Grand Am v6 engine will give you nothing but problems, it will burn oil, leak water and many end up catching on fire at about 50k miles. Expect many failures...... Ha haa.ha... I am just kidding, overal its a very dependable engine, the only problems are the intake gasket failures expected between 50k-100k miles. I have 97 GA 3.1 probably the most dependable car I have owned except for the gasket failure. Currently have about 126k miles and running clean and strong. But that gasket failuere cost about $800 to fix and is just a bad design that GM has ignored for years making the customer pickup the tab year end and year out.