Re: 1998 lumina service engine light

1998 Lumina 3.1 I had codes of p0401 and p0442. I found that the egr valve

> was plugged up just in front of the throttle body. I removed it unplugged > it and cleaned up everything. Now will someone please tell me how to clear > this service engine light soon, pleease. The jerks at the parts store will > read the codes and sell you the parts to fix it but they said they are not > allowed to clear it???????????? what kind of crap is this?

If the light is still on, something is still needs fixing.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Oh, disconnect power from the PCM, wait a minute, plug it back in. If it's easier, you can disconnect the battery instead. Codes will be cleared. Light will still come on if the problem hasn't been fixed.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

How much did they charge you to read the code? Did you get your money's worth? Were they jerks when they did the scan for free?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski