Re: 2002 ENVOY

There is a software TSB from GM to minimize this, but you may still get it for a few minutes on start up, check with the dealer.

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 19:35:53 -0400, "David J and Lynne J Shepherd"

I'd like to see how they rig THAT wire. That fan clutch is filled with a fluid that changes viscosity with temperature. HOW will a software update do ANYTHING to adjust the fan clutch...

Thanks Shiden, apparently there is some"education" necessary here.

powertrain
commanded
ON
coupling
(304F).
It
The
disengage.
time,
fluid
cooling
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:17:37 -0400, "David J and Lynne J Shepherd"
I didn't realize they were electro-vicous controlled clutch fans, I thought it was still thermo-viscous like on my truck.

"Mike Levy" wrote

Hey, neither did I, until I had to pull an engine out of one of these vehicles. It was very strange to see a bundle of wires going into the center of the viscous clutch.
Ian
As usual, a very informative and helpful post!

powertrain
commanded
ON
coupling