Re: 2003 Impala 122k miles

Vaughn wrote:

There are a lot of owners who don't have transmission problems so I think your in a minority there.
Look up Consumer Reports for 2000-2002 Chevy Impalas and it got a solid black circle (lowest score possible) for transmission reliability. Unfortunately, its more than a minority. I bought a GM thinking they make reliable transmissions (4T65) and engines with their 3800 iron block that dates to the 50's and still problems (leaking intake manifold). They suck period and deserve the billions of dollars in losses.

Vaughn wrote:

Look up any two identical except for the nameplate vehicles in cr and you will get different results. Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix, Geo Metro, Toyota Corolla, Geo Storm/Suzuki whatever they will have different ratings. Brand name bias makes those magazine ratings worthless.