Re: 3100/3400 intake gaskets

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:43:23 GMT, "shiden_kai"

You were right.
I took it in this afternoon after I noticed white gunk on the underside of the oil filler cap.
They confirmed it's leaking oil and coolant out the side of the intake manifold.
It's going in Monday for the repair, and possibly a power steering rack as well :(
Good thing it's still under warranty.
Brad
Brad Clarke wrote:

Hopefully, they check the head gaskets. We are finding a lot of the 3.4 engines in the vans leaking coolant externally from the head gaskets. I love it.....GM keeps me very busy with gravy work.
Ian
Ian wrote; I love it, GM keeps me busy with gravy work..
Look's like we have a " gourmet " goodwrench in here !
LOL
: - )>
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~300,079 miles_~_~_
On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 00:16:25 GMT, "shiden_kai"

This one is a 3.1. There are traces of leakage on both sides, as well as towards the back.

At least someone is benefitting from all this :)
Brad Clarke wrote:

Yeah, we've had some 3100 engines too leaking from the head gaskets. It's a weird leak, just seems to ooze out of the head gaskets along the outer edge.

Yes...though I suppose long term it could be bad if GM doesn't fix their stuff. Of course, this has been happening for as long as I've been in the trade. GM usually just gets an engine or component all fixed up...then they drop it and move on to something else.
Ian