Re: 91 Lumina APV stalls at red light

Painterpaul
Well This One Baffles me ..I ran some heirings and did about 30 miles stop and go let it sit for 2 hours and went again to wash clothes and
on the way home at about 45 miles of running it stalls while still in gear at a red light . tried starting it and it started fine 2-3x but when i put it in drive it stalls. I then pushhed it to nuetral and pushed it to the shell station bought a pack of ciggerettes and got up set,called some one and told them and didn't quite understand how to describe what just happened .. Then I called a mechanic and started it put it in reverse and then drive than it worked so we talked then I took it about 9 miles to my house . It sorta wanted to act up again but
I took it slow and easy till it got home now I am comfused cause it acted like a transmission issue but it might not be the transmission. it could be it cooled down but it ran fine in park it just did not seem
to wanna be in drive
1991 has a 125c<3spd> or 440t4<4spd> transmission on the side of the transmission you will find a square 4 prong plug it controls lockup converter unplug and see if problem is gone.if so lock up sloenoid needs to be replaced if problem still exists then torque converter is staying locked up and needs to be replaced