Re: 96 Olds ciera airconditioning compressor question

This is a little late to reply, but I am about to replace the seal in my 96 grand am's compressor. I will let you know how easy it is to do when I am done. The seal kit was $19 from AC-Delco distributor.

Bill

I have read on
that the front seal is a procedure >that a lot of shops don't do, but is a pretty cheap fix. Therefore, yes, >replace the front seal - find a good shop that will do this. > >> It leaks refrigerant out of the pulley shaft seal. Internally is it >allowed to leak past the pistons, can I replace that seal or do I need a new >compressor? >

snipped-for-privacy@gflocfk.net remove all "f"'s from address

Reply to
Bill