Re: 99 bonneville door locking security

it is a delay to keep you from locking keys in car. my 97 Bonne works the same way. this is a selectable option, your owner's manual will tell you how to change it.

my 99 bonneville ssei is now doing a wierd thing when using the remote to >lock the doors. >Usually if I have a door open and I press the remote's lock button, I will >hear all the doors lock and the security lite goes on. Lately when I do it >the car just goes "bing bing bing", and nothing locks. >It will still lock fine if all the doors are closed - all the doors lock and >the car goes honk. >Actually I noticed that it only goes "bing bing bing" if the driver's door >is open and I press the remotes lock button. If any other door is open and >the driver door is closed, then it works as normal. >Any ideas? could it be a bad switch or something? I know my drivers door >lock cylinder was replaced a couple years ago because it had a short and >caused the car to unlock itself at random. I wonder if there is another >problem with the driver's door. > >thanks! > >~matt >
Reply to
bill