Re: ABS Warning Light

I have a problem that I need help with. I have a 1999 Grand Prix GT. The ABS

>light and the TRAC OFF Light, just came on. I think I could need new brakes, >but this is and expensive thing when you take it to the garage. I am going >to check them myself, but if they do not need changing, what is this warning >telling me. Also would it be safe to continue driving when I know the brakes >are OK. I have been told that the ABS warning light is not that serious a >problem

It is possible that you have had a minor electrical problem in the ABS system. If one connector at one wheel sensor gets intermittent, then the whole ABS system is disabled, which is also why the TRAC OFF happened. So, do a close inspection to determine if this is it. The Helm manual is a good reference.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

It's not the brake pads. There's a number of things that could cause that symptom, but one of the more common would be a broken wiring harness to one of the front wheel speed sensors.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

I have inspected all wiring, one was hanging out of the clip but had no apparent damage. Is there a way to reset the alarm. i.e. the change oil alarm.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jeff Bulach

Hi to those that helped. Your ideas solved my problem. Loose wire at the wheel.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jeff Bulach