Re: ALIGNMENT ?? - 2003 Impala 3.4V6

shiden_kai wrote:

vague.
Not between those, but maybe between 2.5 and 3.0 degrees!
You

Whoa Whoa Whoa WHOOOOAAAAAAAAA!!! Take a chill, dude, you're more high strung than Chris Mathews. Come on! Read my original POST. Of course I have printouts - from Town Fair Tire.

Where "I" think it should be?? Do I look like General Motors?! If that's the case Ian, than I'd want 6 degrees of caster like a modern VETTE! but it's not. GM says 2.7 - 3.7, that's where Sotire's put it - right in the middle at 3.1 deg. caster.

I wish you could say that in front of the guys at Sotire's Diagnostic & Service Center in Stamford, CT. They would laugh you out the door. Hack the strut towers?? Hack this... They got that caster up to 3.1 deg. without HACKing up anything. Excuse me, let me turn my head I have to HACK up a loogy - COUGHH!!!! spit - oops, missed the trash pail oh well. : )
You don't understand much about

No provision for adj?? Like I said go tell Sotire's that. Because apparently their alignments work, and stay that way - as they have on all my cars. Straighter than from the DEALER no less, no wander, and ample steering wheel return from turns. Honestly, you could put this impala in neutral, get out and blow on the back bumper and it'll ROLL - it's that smooth!
It's because it's not that "critical" on FWD

Keep doin' them toe-in, toe-out's Ian, all that other stuff ain't important. ; ) -CC
ChrisCoaster wrote:

Yeah, you are right....I must have been in an ugly mood that day. Glad that you found a place that could get the alignment where you wanted it.
Ian
shiden_kai wrote:

high
course
______________ Where "I" wanted it - geez, your sarcasm sticks out like Mayor Bloomberg takin a stroll in the Village! Get it through your skull "I WANTED IT" where GM SPECIFIED IT to be set - within GM's window for this generation Impala.
why, Lord, oh why, do I waste my breath - ehm - keystrokes that is?...
-CC