Re: Analysts: After Bailouts, Detroit Must Deliver In 2010

Jim Higgins wrote:

Looking back over the years, it appears to me the public relations disaster involving the crushing of the EV1's was the turning point for GM.
It would have been far better to have just given the cars away for free to the people leasing them.
--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_september

On 04/01/2010 8:13 AM, Michael Golden wrote:

Probably true, but it is also a symptom. Geo for example.

Probably would have. But then if economics at GM matered a damn we would not be having this GM discussion. Some kind of management/board room corrupt break down occured. Not one in charge did a damned thing. Like a herd of partriges looking at train lights standing right on the rail as if it was meant to be.