Re: Auto Manuals for GM Cars?

I buy the real GM manuals for cars from books4cars.com.
Or you can get them (usually at a much higher price) from the official supplier, helminc.com.

Intrigued wrote:

I've seen the cheesy repair manuals from the cheaper companies, and I don't like them at all. They seem to show half of the answer, but not the whole answer. Helm, Inc., is the only correct answer, in my opinion.
---Bob Gross---
I went to http://www.books4cars.com./ and I got a website for Hermosa Beach, CA. What's up with that?

don't
Sideshow Bob wrote:

The address is not correct. Remove the last dot: http://www.books4cars.com
Hilarious. Nice catch Paul. GW
Pa*ul wrote:

The books from books4cars.com that are labeled as the actual manufactuer's manuals ARE the real manufacturer's manuals, identical to the manuals that Helm supplies. I don't know how books4cars.com manages to undercut Helm, but they do. However, books4cars.com does not stock as many manuals as Helm does.
The Chilton and Haynes manuals are very "general purpose" and often contain incorrect, incomplete, or outdated information.

don't
You can go to www.autozone.com they have Haynes auto manuals that seem to be pretty good.

Try ebay I found these with a search for "Cadillac 1998". There were many more.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item $26498626&category4212
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item $26939399&categoryg62
KS

Try ebay.com auctions. Tons on manuals, just picked up one for my 1997 Lumina.