Re: BAILOUTS for AUTO MAKERS: Bad Move From Any Perspective!

That is because you believe all the misinformation put out by the environuts about SUVs. The ever falling death and injury rates among children, over the past ten years, is attributed by the NHTSA to the fact more of them are riding in the larger, safer, SUVs

The center of gravity is located in centered in the drive on any vehicle. The difference in the center of gravity in an SUV, vis a v the standard sedan, is less that two inches and one of those inches is attributed to the average larger wheel size. If a higher center of gravity indeed was actually a cause of vehicles rolling over, one should expect to see, mini busses, cargo vans, box trucks and six wheelers rolled over every day of the week. LOL

Jane wrote: > >> When you drive a busy highway to work everyday, you just feel safer when >> you are bigger and higher. > > How so? You have a higher center of gravity meaning that maintaining > control when swerving to avoid an obstacle is much more difficult. You > can't stop your vehicle as fast, you can't accelerate as fast. > > I don't know about you, but if the vehicle I was driving was like that, > I'd feel much *less* safe.
Reply to
Mike Hunter

Lol, don't I wish! Actually, I will be a college student in January after I take my buyout after 26 years at GM. However, I am 47 years old and have driven a lot of larger vehicles in my day. I think small cars are great if you live in the city. I happen to live in the country and my husband's truck is actually used as a truck...to pick up firewood, building materials, mulch, etc etc...as well as to get to work.

I think the Volt is awesome...gorgeous! I wouldn't buy the first generation, but I would certainly consider it in the future...once I no longer have to commute on the 401 everyday.

Reply to
Jane