Re: Bumper Cover / Skin Damage - How to Repair

I met a raccoon the other evening at ~ 75mph. I caught the animal in line

>with the right front wheel. The damage to the bumper appeared minimal, with >a 3"-4" tear in the rubber / plastic bumper cover. The tear, starts at the >bottom edge near the radiator and moves forward towards the front of the >bumper. > >I spoke with a body shop, who recommended changing the entire bumper cover / >skin for ~$650. They also said they could repair the tear for ~$400, but >would not guarantee the tear from not opening up. They said the first time >it caught on something, curb stop, et cetera, it could tear again. > >Does anyone have a method to repair this type of damage?

No. You did not state what kind of vehicle this is, so we have no way of knowing what kind of soft material is on the bumper. I suggest getting another raccoon.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Wooduuuward