RE: Camshaft Position Sensor code -- 98 Lumina

I just wanted to follow up to my post from a few months back. (Camshaft Position Sensor code -- 98 Lumina)
I found replacing the sensor to be quite easy and it did solve the
problem.
The reason for removing the serpentine belt is so that you can remove the water pump.The factory service manual left out a necessary step to remove the camshaft position sensor. I realized that when I was reading ahead at the steps after putting the new sensor in and it said to reattach the water pump.

"TheClassic" wrote: (98 Lumina Camshaft Position Sensor)
......to follow up, replacing the sensor was quite easy and it solved the problem. I found why the serpentine belt had to be removed - it was for access to the water pump. The factory service manual forgot to mention that the water pump had to be removed. I realized that when I read that it had to be reinstalled after putting in the new sensor. _________________________________________________
Congratulations on your successful diagnosis and repair.
And thanks for taking the time to give the feedback.
Best regards,
Rodan.