Re: Cavalier Door Pins

Has anyone changed the drivers door pins on a 2000 cavalier? Bought the

> Service manual and it seems that you have no choice but to buy the hinges at > $200 a pair. The pins are riveted on from what I can see. Looks like a > grinder and some patience in a tight area might do. > If anyone has any experience on this please feel free to post > Thanks > Mike

Nope, haven't tried it and don't know..

I tried to replace the pins in a Sonoma of about the same vintage. The hinges are spot welded to the frame in that POS. You can pull the pins BUT there is a spring involved that looks like it could cause you a lot of grief.

I ended up taking it to a bodyshop, where they replaced the pin on one door for $35. (I provided the pin.)

Reply to
<HLS