Re: Cavalier Door Pins

On 4/3/06 3:56 PM, in article 36fYf.218468$B94.44367@pd7tw3no, "Mike"

Having done this once on an old Celebrity I'd say it's definitely worth the money to have someone who knows how do it for you. The door spring is a major pain to get back in (getting it out is just a matter of finding it after it springs out). Not sure if the setup is still the same but a big hammer and punch takes the pins out.
spewed forth this gibberish...

I'll have to look at my daughter's 2000 Sunfire when she gets home from work later tonight - haven't looked to see what the hinge pins on it look like before. Previous pins I've removed just had a friction lock on the top of the pin. You pull it off and drive the pin out with a hammer and punch. Like Mike said - the spring is a pain, but if you compress it in a regular bench vise and tie it compressed with a coat hanger or the likes, you can pry it into place with a bit of swearing and grunting. Simply cut the coat hanger after it's in place.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net