Re: Counterfit AC Delco Filters

Looks like the same type of box I get at Chevy for my car ( PF47 the pudding cup filter ).

My filters have a decal on them not white lettering. There are so few auto parts stores by me that even carry delco filters anymore.

Just changed oil last week, next change is at 300,000 !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,274 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Exactly...I am thinking the REAL Delco ones come with a sticker, and the counterfit ones do not

Reply to
Eightupman

Delco has at least four different sub-contractors making filters now, so do not assume that just because some filters look different than others that they are counterfeit.

In fact, since GM spun out their parts unit at Delphi, but kept the AC-Delco aftermarket parts business as part of GM, there really isn't an AC-Delco filter factor. Some are made by Delphi, some by Champion, some by Hengst in Europe (especially the insert type) and some have been reported out of a Mexican supplier which name slips my mind.

John

Reply to
John Horner