Re: Cracking sound from dashes of 2003 Monte Carlos and Impalas

It's in the 100's up here too. I figured it must be in the 120's down by you. With a car that new, you may be the first person to ever notice the noise. You'll be the first to tear it apart too, I bet.

-- GW - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

Paradox wrote:

Ok both me and one of my roomates seem to have this problem, but I think I > know whats causing it. > When driving around, or even stopped at a light, occasionally there will be > a snapping sound that comes from the dash, it doesnt happen at any regular > intervals, and is completely random. I THINK that its either parts of the > dash or the magnesium mounting bracket that they have under the dash that is > flexing from the temperature change, since I'm getting into a hot car at the > end of the day (this is Arizona, outside temps are in the 100's, inside of > cars of course get to 150+) and with the AC blowing cold, theres going to be > a quick change in temperature causing the plastic to flex.... anyone agree > with that? more importantly, anyone know the exact place where its flexing > at where a piece of felt or something would absorb the noise instead of > allowing plastic to rub on plastic?
Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Its all the crappy plastics in the interior. The cheap-ass plastic interior cracks and rattles in my '84 T/A when it gets hot outside.

Who the hell would want to live where its 110 degrees during the day? Thats TOO F'ing HOT!

Reply to
Dennis Smith

At least it drops to the 70's at night here.

4500 ft high ya know. ;-) GW (82 inside house, air running non-stop)

Paradox wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

GW & PDX

With temperatures Only in the 110 degree heat range you two need to be cruising along in your convertibles with the TOP DOWN

BWAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~259,100 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Just to clarify. GW (me) does not WANT to live here. He is fulfilling a family obligation. GW

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Too bad they dont make a convertable monte carlo, that would look sweet.

Reply to
Paradox