Re: Dextron-III really a lifetime fluid

I've used synthetic ATF for aprox. 10 years, and I like it ! As for " lifetime " I say " Never " Trans fluid gets dirty, and dirty fluid should
be changed out. My advice, go to new filter and synthetic fluid, don't forget, an older car dirties fluid faster than a newer one. Just because a car is old, doesn't mean you can skimp on fluid changes.