Re: Emission code thrown... opinions sought

If there is some place that will allow you to do rent one that would be a good route to go. I bought one and carry it with my in the car. Never know when its a serious error that will pop up. That way at least you know you can or cannot drive it home. Whatever you do, don't pull power from the PCM if you can. That will force it into a 'relearn' mode. Clear it through a scanner. If the error is still present in the car (bad part, etc.) the code should be thrown again within 30 cycles.

Thanks for the input. Advance Auto wouldn't clear the code for me. > The guy said the company doesn't want to be liable for blah blah. I > said I own the car and give my permission to clear the code from it. > Said he didn't want to lose his job. > > So I guess I need to rent or buy a scanner so I can clear the code. > > Any thoughts there? > > > >>I recently had the same code on my '00 SS. A friend of mine is a >>mechanic, and he reset the code. He told me that if it was his car, >>he'd just drive it for a while and see if it throws the code again. >> >>So far it hasn't, and that was a month ago. I'd say it might be worth >>a try before replacing the cat or o2 sensor. I'll add that I'm in >>Florida and we have no emissions testing, so that wasn't a factor in >>my decision... >
Reply to
dle