Re: Emission code thrown... opinions sought

If there is some place that will allow you to do rent one that would be a good route to go. I bought one and carry it with my in the car. Never know
when its a serious error that will pop up. That way at least you know you can or cannot drive it home. Whatever you do, don't pull power from the PCM if you can. That will force it into a 'relearn' mode. Clear it through a scanner. If the error is still present in the car (bad part, etc.) the code should be thrown again within 30 cycles.