Re: Emission code thrown... opinions sought

Your car should have a separate cat for each bank of cylinders. The bank 2 cat will be the one under the hump in the floor on the passenger side. The
bank 1 cat will probably be attached directly to the bottom of the manifold on the drivers side. Code P0430 would indicate a bad cat, but it wouldn't hurt to try just clearing the code to see what happens. You would be supprised how often you can clear a code and they don't come back for a long time.
Gary

Hi. I cleared the code. It hasn't come back yet after about 6 trips in the car. Do you suppose that it was just a burp or is something starting to get marginal?
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 05:57:35 GMT, "Gary - KQ6RT"

Could have been the Sta-Bil just causing a hic-up when the sensor saw it the first time. Now that it has thinned out it may be fine. Seen stranger things happen.
--
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York

So far still so good!
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:02:14 GMT, "Gary - KQ6RT"