Re: Engine tick

Fool....no such thing as a "powerglide engine".
I know I'm late responding, but the powerglide engine referenced did exist. The name refers to the 235 ci displacement engine used with powerglide automatics. It had hydraulic lifters, and the standard shift models had a 216 ci engine with solid lifters. Roy

You are absolutely correct, right to about 1954.

I had a '51 Chevy with the 2-speed "powerslush" tranny.
I can remember pulling the valve cover ( pre detergent oil ) and literally scraping a pound of greasy residue from the inside.
--
<rj>