Re: Ex-GM Fans now Dogging GM?

I never seemed to have much of a problem with the motors of the cars, just bad tranny after bad tranny. The interiors are just terrible as well....all plastic, ugly and then they fall apart. Dumb things like power window motors, crusie control intermittently working etc.
Who in the world does GM have doing design for them? They are all so bland and boring! No excitement whatsoever.
I'll never buy another Gm after having 13-14 of them. Only Japanese or German for me from now on. Honestly enjoying watching GM fall down after the crap I've put up with their cars, truly believing that it would get better. I've finally seen the light.
Wait till you need to buy some of these parts, that you think are 'higher quality,' for your imported car that it will surely need some day LOL
mike hunt

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:49:24 -0500, "Mike Hunter"

I used to work in a garage and honestly, most of the parts aren't really more expensive. At least not for typical wear items. The cars are somewhat easier to work on as well. Honda's are a little weird, but they run forever.
I wasn't a *real ASE certified* mechanic, just my own experience. Worked on a hell of a lot more American stuff than imports.
I don't know a mechanic that won't tell you to buy japanese.