Re: Externally Seal a Coolant Leak ???

rear
a/f. I

want to

outside,
No
Dave

the
I agree. Pull the intake and fix it right.
Al
I wouldn't say simple ... It's something you can do yourself, but it's a pain in the arse

In article
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

It's carbureted, so it will be a maze of hoses, wires and solenoids cluttering things up, but it's do-able.
* Nothing * short of replacing gaskets will do any good. Smear anything you want on the outside, the inside leak will ruin your engine. As for pour it in radiator sealer, it won't congeal [ sp ? ] in the oil rich atsmosphere of the manifold valley. Change gaskets, post back if you want helpful advice on * that * fun job. Change oil, use an engine flush [ Gumout makes an excellent one ] change oil again. Antifreeze forms some awful sludge that will shorten your engine's life. Might want to consider a better manifold to justify the labor, or stuff up the heat crossover with aluminum foil for better highway performance. Label hoses / wires, and photograph before dissassembly. I'd rather pay for [ one way or the other ] an intake R + R, than an engine R + R.