Re: Frame repair

And what, after a 10 minute download???

-
My bad didn't see the post, repairs will exceed value of car, plus not many shops will tackle this and warrantee the job, safety issues here.

-
Shep wrote:

It sounded like the guy was perhaps thinking of doing something himself if he could come up with an idea here. I can't offer one without seeing it. It sounds dangerous to play with. There are many in this group that would feel comfortable welding something of this nature. Personally, I've never been a fan of welding. I prefer to fabricate parts and bold pieces together. I have access to plates, chanels, beams and such to work with. Some of the results are downright ugly and could never be offered commercially. If the poster can come up with something on his own, more power to him. I had a great running car one time that had similar problems and was beyond hope. Rather than pass a safety hazard on to someone, I made sure that automobile was crushed. I got my money's worth out of it and it sounds like this OP could be in the same boat.
wrote in message

Agreed. Corrosion to this degree is a lost cause. I can't tell if it's a cradle from the pictures, but if it is, it can be replaced - if you can find one in decent shape. Still - probably costs more than the car is worth. The problem with this stuff is that once you start yanking things apart you just find more and more and more and more of less and less and less.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net