Re: G M is still number one

The best influence MB had on Chrysler was to switch their car from FWD to better handling, less costly to build RWD.
mike hunt
(Jason) wrote:

You are right on that one Mike. Imagine how silly it would have been to put that huge hemi in a FWD car, the sliding front wheels would be useless for steering on a corner.
I'm sure the street traffic burners like the RWD 300 much better, to say nothing of the smiles on the faces of stock car racers.
Didn't Volvo blow it by going FWD. My Volvo loving brother in law was confused by that move for several years, but finally bought one of the FWD Volvos. I guess a Volvo was more important to him than RWD. If Volvo did it for their snowy streets, not the best. When the streets are snowy and slippery smart drivers stay off of them, else they get crushed by an out of control large SUV.
RWD vehicle have another advantage of FWD, lower insurance premiums ;)
mike hunt